08 Nov Black Rice & Broccoli Buddha Bowl
Black Rice & Broccoli Buddha Bowl
- What you’ll need -
- 2 cups cooked black rice
- 1 sweet potato roasted and chopped
- 1 avocado cubed
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (blanched or raw)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions (we used green)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts + seeds
- 1/4 cup kraut (we used ruby perfection)
- For the dressing -
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- The how to -
- 1/ In a large bowl combine the cooked black rice, roasted sweet potato, blanched broccoli, chopped onions and the nuts and seeds. Mix well.
- 2/ Once combined, gently add and mix through the chopped avocado (be careful if it is extra soft, you don’t want it to turn to moosh)
- 3/ In a separate bowl thoroughly combine/whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to make your dressing.
- Time to dress -
- We recommend dressing the salad at the time you are about to serve it - that way it wont go soggy.
- Either pour the dressing on top, or mix it through, finish it off with the kraut scattered over the top, season with salt & pepper to taste