06 Nov Kimchi Devilled Eggs
Kimchi Devilled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (Kewpie mayonnaise recommended)
- ¼ cup kimchi finely minced
- 3-4 tablespoon kimchi brine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- The how to -
- 1/ Place the eggs in a single layer in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil, cover, then turn off the heat. Let sit for 10-12 minutes, then transfer immediately to an ice bath.
- 2/ Once cooled, carefully peel the eggs. Rinse to remove any egg shells and pat dry with a paper towel to prevent egg whites from sliding. Then cut each egg in half lengthwise.
- 3/ Gently pull the egg white back to easily spoon out the yolks. Set the egg white halves aside and add all the yolks to a bowl or food processor.
- 4/ To the yolks, add mayo, 3 tablespoon kimchi brine (liquid) only, sugar, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Either mix by hand or puree until smooth, adding more kimchi brine until you reach your desired consistency. Then stir in the minced kimchi and season to taste.
- 5/ Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture into egg white mixtures. Top with green onion.