08 Nov Silver Linings Kitchen Simple Pumpkin Soup
Silver Linings Kitchen Simple Pumpkin Soup
- What you’ll need -
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive or coco oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- 250g pumpkin, chopped (add more for thickness)
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/2 tsp gf vege stock powder
- 4 cups water
- salt to taste
- Golden Turmeric kraut for serving
- The how to -
- 1/ In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over a medium low heat & fry the onions & garlic until softened.
- 2/ Add all other ingredients & bring briefly to the boil, then lower the heat & simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, or until everything is soft.
- 3/ Blend until smooth, either using a stick/immersion blender straight into the pot, or transferring batches to a food processor or blender.
- 4/ Season to taste & top with a dollop of Be Nourished Golden Turmeric Sauerkraut.