20 Sep Silver Linings Kitchen Simple Pumpkin Soup
We love winter, but only because it gives us a great excuse to make soup!
We love winter, but only because it gives us a great excuse to make soup! This recipe shared with us by Libby from Silver Linings Kitchen adds a probiotic punch when you top it with our Amala Curry kraut - give it a try and let us know what you think! And if you want more ideas for meals, make sure to follow Libby over on instagram - @silverliningskitchen.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive or coco oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup red lentils
- 250g pumpkin, chopped (or feel free to add more, more, more for a thicker soup)
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/2 tsp gf vege stock powder
- 4 cups water
- salt to taste
- Amala Curry kraut for serving
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over a medium low heat & fry the onions & garlic until softened.
- Add all other ingredients & bring briefly to the boil, then lower the heat & simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, or until everything is soft.
- Blend until smooth, either using a stick/immersion blender straight into the pot, or transferring batches to a food processor or blender.
- Season to taste & top with a dollop of be Nourished Sauerkraut.